A summary of Pastor Gus Brown’s message of December 7, 2014:
God’s work is performed with patience and order.
1 Corinthians 14:33a
…since God is not a God of disorder but of peace.
God is never in a hurry. He has all the time in the world. We need to understand this about our God.
God appointed the day in which His son would come the first time. While we do not know the day when He will return, God’s promise is that He will return some day. He keeps His word.
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance.
God is at work with every person alive today. He is working to have people come to the realization that there is a need for Jesus Christ. Even more personally, He is doing a work in you to bring you to a close relationship with Him, and He is patient in doing so.
In these last days, He has spoken to us by His Son. God has appointed Him heir of all things and made the universe through Him.
Jesus is in center stage because God has brought him forth as the One who is spoken about by many people and nations.
- The time had fully come.
When the time came to completion, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law.
The time before Jesus had to occur before Jesus’ presence. Many people lived according to where they were accustomed to–according to their own desires. Many had to realize that they could not live complete lives without God, and that they certainly could not save themselves. This is the area in Scripture covered from Genesis 3:15 to Matthew 2:11.
“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe in the good news!”
7 We have redemption in Him through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8 that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure that He planned in Him 10 for the administration of the days of fulfillment—to bring everything together in the Messiah, both things in heaven and things on earth in Him.
Is God doing something in your life? God will reveal things to you in order for you to see how He has a time and a place for you to serve Him (see how God did this to Moses in Acts 7:25 and 7:30).
- God sent His Son
- God states His pre-existence as well as His divine nature.
- He states His plan of incarnation as God in the flesh (Philippians 2:7; Hebrews 2:14).
- He reveals His willingness to participate with us (Genesis 3:8).
- He sent His Son to show His love for us (John 3:16; Romans 5:8).
- He sent His Son to redeem us from our sin (Matthew 20:28; Romans 8:3; Acts 12:11; Acts 6:23).
- Jesus was born of a woman (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:34).
- God works within the Law that He ordained for mankind.
- His life would come through a woman. Jesus was not created in the same way that Adam was.
- He was born under the general laws of man and the Law of God, which covered both Jews and Gentiles (Romans 2:13, 3:9). Jesus was placed under the authority of both the general law and the Mosaic Law and grew up under both of them (Luke 2:21; Leviticus 12:3; Genesis 17:12; Luke 2:52).
God has backed up everything that He says, and He will continue to do so. It is all in His character to do so:
God is not a man who lies,
or a son of man who changes His mind.
Does He speak and not act,
or promise and not fulfill?
Rely upon God’s Word. As a God of patience and order, He follows His Word. He wants us to do the same because it is good for us. His Word is good for you. He is always working and will send you what you need when you trust in Him.